Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Demolition continues

Progress is being made on the demolition portion of my new kitchen.
Today
 (after an 8 mile hike and a wash and wax of the car)
I did this:
It was actually really fun knocking out that soffit.
I really hated that soffit.
And now I will have room for my really tall cabinets!!

 I also spent some time pulling floor staples.
About a billion of them.
Actually, I've been pulling them in sets of about 75-100 at a time.
I have the blisters to prove it.
And I still have about a million of them to pull out.
*sigh*

I also pulled tile off the wall today.
I still have another wall to remove tile from.
It doesn't look too pretty and I will need to patch the drywall in a few places.
And give the whole thing a scratch coat of mud.
*SIGH*

So here's a picture of all of today's progress.

I still have to get the saws-all and take out those 2x4's that held up the soffit.
I like power tools!
And *SIGH* there is more floor to come up.
Which means more staples.
*SIGH*

1 comment:

  1. Hurrah! We did our kitchen a few years ago. Difficult to live through but so nice in the end :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!