What a year 2011 has been. I survived (quite well I must say) my first year divorced, got back into the crazy world of dating, took a solo road trip to the far reaches of Montana (literally. I was 12 miles from Canada!), had my first major car wreck thanks to a suicidal deer, quilted some for myself and more for others, baked tons of heavenly bread, dropped those last 3 pesky pounds (I know, those two statements don't go together, and I love it!), started this blog to try my hand at something new and to dabble in writing, and in general had a great year. Yes, there were some disappointments. I didn't create a powerhouse swim team (if only the boys liked to swim more than play soccer), there hasn't been a real romantic spark yet, being department chair is difficult with the deep seated negativity in my department (and these people teach special ed!), and I did not win the lottery.
Out with the old, in with the new I say!
So long 2011, along with its crazy ride.
Here's to 2012! Its going to be another great year with its share of ups and downs. I'm going to turn 40 this year, it only happens once so we'll do it up big (after this I'm going to turn 39 for several years to come).
I don't make New Year's resolutions, just suggestions of things to come.
So without further adu...
1. I will travel more (already on it! going to Phoenix next month!)
2. I will go to Italy (I know that really goes with #1, but its so big it has to be on its own)
3. I will try to make at least one quilt every month (ok, I've tried this every year for the past 6 years and haven't made it yet, but there is hope that this is the year!)
4. I will get grass to grow in my front yard
5. I will earn tenure (ok, so thats a given, will happen in August, but still!)
6. I will take my camera everywere and snap more photos
7. I will paint at least 2 rooms in the house
8. I will get rid of more junk in the garage and basement
9. I will get more readers and followers of my blog
10. I will get more comments on my postings (thats really up to you to make this one happen!)
I think thats it for now. I hope you have hopes and dreams and aspirations for the coming year that are fullfilling and fulfilled in their own ways.
Happy New Year!