Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

I still remember how to quilt!

For those of you wondering if I remember how to quilt, I do. I have been busy with work and life and quilting for others. Unfortunately I can't show you the quilts I have been quilting for customers, it wouldn't be right. However, I can show you the quilt I made for my sister-in-law's nephew:


It was a fun and easy pattern to put together, just strip pieced rail fences:


with the corners lopped off and green triangles sewn in place:


Like this:

Whalla! One down and only 79 more to go! 

 Here's what it looked like early on.

And the finished product:

I kinda like the idea of photographing a kids quilt at the playground. If only the sun would cooperate!

Beyond that I put together a couple of jelly roll bundles for myself and my mother. Mom's is her christmas present, so I couldn't post it until she got hers. She's really happy she's allowed to open presents early!
Here's mine (identical to hers):


I'm such a sucker for black and whites!

I'll be busy the next few weekends with quilts for customers, but starting December 16 its all me baby! Winter break will be prime time for me to work on a few WIP's of my own. I hope to get at least my Lemon Squares quilt done as well as start on Single Girl (yep, I broke down and bought the pattern finally). Now if Mother Nature would cooperate and bring a little white stuff flying over break, I'll be a happy camper!


2 comments:

  1. Oooh...I broke down and bought the Single Girl pattern too (just yesterday in fact). I love each and every one of them I've seen and of course *need* one.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!