Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

the end is not nigh

Progress.
Real, visable progress.
 This is where I left you last.
Since then, my computer crashed
so no updates.
But my fabulous neighbor has returned my little
laptop in tip top condition and
now I can bring you up to speed.

The sink is now installed!
I have to tell you, I was biting my nails as my good friend Doug
cut the front of my cabinet to fit the sink.
Even my neighbor the contractor was really nervous about doing it.

Thank goodness for Doug.
Its always helpful to have a crazy smart engineer for a friend.

Isn't it gorgeous?!?!
I  L.O.V.E. my new sink.

After that we put the island in,
I attached the cabinet doors,
and I've been putting the hardware on.

 The dishwasher and stove are in
(at least temporarily until we're ready to put the floor in).
I am now just a few days away from a functioning kitchen
even though my fridge will be in the front hall until the floors are done.
My granite
(this handsome slab from Brazil is called Haiwaii)

will be installed Tuesday.
See those gray/white areas?
They GLOW like mother of pearl.
Once that is in then I can hook up my faucet and have
RUNNING WATER!

Just in time to go back to work.
Sigh.


1 comment:

  1. Nice! What's the plan for the floor? I was really liking the contrast between what you have now and the dark cabinets. Looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!