Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Snow Day!

FINALLY!
We have our first (and likely only) snow day.
Ahhhhhhhhhhh.
Yep, thats us on the Weather Channel.
Welcome, Winter Storm Q.

I did manage to get out this morning before we became white
and ran to Wally World, picked up my wine shipment from a friend,
got an oil change, hit the grocery, and got an update on the status of my refinancing
(going to save over $32,000, wahoooo!) at the bank.
Can't waste a perfectly good snow day sleeping in!

So what else is a gal to do once leaving the house is not advised
(and the governor declares a state of emergency)?

Fire up the sewing machine, heat up the iron.

My friend Mary Claire had this great wallet that I coveted.
So I bought the pattern and made my own.

But first I decided to really challenge myself and make my own fabric.
Huh?
Well, I've been collecting/saving selvedges for a while now.
Got a gallon sized bag full.
Time to do something with them.
So after sewing them down on muslin backing, I got to work making my wallet.
But I forgot to grab my camera and take photos.
So... you will just have to make due with the finished product.

Ever so happy with the "made" fabric.

Here's the inside.  
So professional looking,
and can hold everything! Two big pockets for my moolah,
six card slots, and the zipper change pouch.
The pattern has a really easy method of inserting that zipper.
Love it!

Now its time to settle down with a good book, glass of wine, and a nice fire.

Happy snow day to you!

1 comment:

I love to hear from you!