Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

South Dakota Wrap Up

On my final day in South Dakota I took a long drive through Custer State Park.
Literally!
Custer has several one lane tunnels and corkscrew bridges.
Huh?

The road and bridge do a full 300 degree turn, corkscrewing.
Really neat.

While I didn't see the bison herds (1,500 roam the park)
or the elk this trip, I did spot loads of whitetail and mule deer
as well as this antelope.

I also scouted out several hikes I'd like to take in the future when I have more time.
Among them is a hike through the Cathedral Spires.


Seems that its not just Ohioans who have a directional sense of humor.

So as the sun sets on this trip
I have to say I am not looking forward to returning to
steamy and hot St Lou.


Oh! Least I forget, here's a photo of me on the Harley!

And before you worry, yes I wore a helmet on my pea sized head.
We actually had to buy a youth small to find one that would fit.
I might have a little head, but there is a lot in it!

I'd love to hear your comments, do you have a favorite place to visit?
Is there somewhere you can suggest for a Great American Roadtrip?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!