Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Weekends were made for this

I love October. The nip in the air, the leaves changing colors, the smell of fires in fire pits and fire places, clear skies in the morning to look at stars.

I was my usual busy self this weekend. Watched the Cardinals get whupped (it was ugly, higher hopes for today) on TV, went to an open house at a quilt shop (wahoo, won a door prize!), grilled burgers, visited with lots of different friends, and took care of a few things I've been meaning to do for a while.



Picked all of my basil before the frost could get it this year.


I dried it in the oven and was able to put up 3 jars of my basil (gave one to a friend).


Baked a tasty apple pie and used every last smear of butter in the butter dish because I didn't realize I was out of butter.. Hence a Dutch Apple Pie instead of a two cruster. Almost didn't have enough butter for the crumb topping. Bet you can guess what's on the top of my grocery list today!
 And I finally made progress on my challenge quilt for St Louis Modern Quilt Guild. A lot of progress. It's actually already on the long arm, ready to be quilted, with the binding set to go on at the same time. Want a sneak peak?


I said just a peak! Now to get it quilted and bound in time for the big reveal at the meeting next week. I'll post a real picture of it when I finish it. I'm off to hike a bit today, its too beautiful to stay inside. Just ask this squirrel!
  

3 comments:

  1. Oh My...that squirrel is awesome.

    You speedy devil, how did you get your Challenge quilt on the long-arm when at Noon yesterday you didn't even have a clue what you were making?

    Can't wait to see it next Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fall too! Can't wait to see the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what you "whipped" up... looks good so far.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!