Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Whad ya git, whad ya git??

Due to popular demand (not necessarily from blog comments), here's what I found at the hardware store fabric sale (I know, it just doesn't seem like it makes sense, but there was the fabric, just upstairs from fertilizer, nails and hammers).
About four yards of Brown Bear, Brown Bear for the back of a baby quilt I was commissioned to do for my sister-in-law. And a smidge of a cat fabric for my mother. Neither are what I would normally buy, but it is what it is.

This was the real find. A hunk of Rainy Days and Mondays by Riley Blake, a yard of the minerets from 1001 Peeps by Lizzy House, and six yards of the candle fabric from 1001 Peeps. It will make a great backing for something. 


And speaking of backing, these Beatles fabrics will end up being the backing for a quilt my mother is making for my nephew, who thinks the only good music is Beatles music. And he's 8.
 Can't beat it at $2.99 a yard. There was some designer fabric, including Mark Lipinski and Riley Blake, some batiks, lots of Civil War, Timeless Treasure, Andover, FreeSpirit, and Westminister. I was on a budget, and I had been about a month ago and really spent my money then. Overall, worth the hour long drive from St Chuck on a pretty day. Back to my baking, got cookies in the oven and bread dough rising in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!